Become a Health & Hope Local Church Champion!
The Health & Hope Local Church Champion Scheme is a new initiative. Our Champions speak about our work in Myanmar in their local churches. Its purpose is to equip, train and resource volunteers to speak about our work to their local churches and networks, enabling them to raise awareness and inspire new supporters to give to our work.
What will I be doing?
These will involve the following, or as much as you feel comfortable doing:
- Seeking out new speaking opportunities, whether at your local church or churches, or other organisations with whom you may have some connection. These new speaking opportunities may also include other networking opportunities as appropriate such as mens/womens’ breakfasts, or conferences.
- Encouraging your local church and your networking opportunities to support our work through prayer, regular contact and financially through your talks and other opportunities as they may arise.
- Utilising the resources available to enhance these speaking opportunities such as Powerpoint presentations, video.
- Displaying leaflets and brochures about our work.
- Submitting news to the church’s notice sheet.
How much time will I need to give?
The amount of time you give as a champion is up to you. We realise that as a volunteer your time is precious, and we really appreciate you for wanting to help us highlight our work among refugees in Myanmar. A minimum of one hour a month to speak to a friend or contact about our work or perhaps share a story would be helpful.
What support will be available to me?
To enable our champions to feel supported we will:
To find out more and to find out when our next training session will take place, please contact us or to sign up, please click here.