Health and Hope UK is a charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England under company no. 08290412 and charity no. 1151105.
When entering details on our website or contacting our UK office, your personal data and donation details will be processed by Health and Hope UK.
- Health and Hope UK is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of the Data Protection act and E.U General Data Protecton Act (GDPR). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through your use of our website, will be processed by us.
- Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- The data controller is the Health and Hope UK, 27 Old Gloucester Street, Holborn, London, WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom. This means that Health and Hope UK alone determines how your personal data will be used in relation to services we provide to you.
- We are committed to processing information about you fairly and in a transparent manner and the aim of this document is to provide you with sufficient information for you to be able to understand what we are doing with your data. If you are unsure how we are handling information about you or you think we could improve our privacy information please let us know.
1.2 Changes to this policy
This privacy notice was last updated in July 2019.
2. Your data
2.1 What personal data we hold on you
Depending on the services you interact with, we may hold the following personal data on you if you have provided it to us;
- E-mail addresses
- Telephone number
- Gift aid status
- Encrypted Credit Card details in the form of a secure token (this cannot be used to make payments)
- Details of your visits to the Health and Hope website and the resources that you access using cookies.
- General communication we may have with you
- Marketing Preferences you have for our services
- Relationships, including, if you have provided it, your contact with an organisation or and affiliation
- Information on your social media profiles where you follow our page on Facebook
2.2. The purpose for having it and our legal reason for doing so
We will use information provided to help us deliver our services to you:
What we use your information for
Our Reason for Having your personal data
Our Legitimate Interest
Updating you on the work of the Health and Hope Partnership.
Marketing appeals and fundraising.
Your consent to marketing
Your consent to cookies
Keeping our records up to date, working out which of our services may interest you and telling you about them.
Developing new services and ideas
Defining types of supporters for appropriate campaigns.
Seeking your consent when we need it to contact you.
Being efficient about how we fulfil our legal duties.
Sending paper based marketing
Building up a profile regarding you
Having appropriate security and safeguards
Processing your donation
Fulfilling your donation request
Legal obligations surrounding gift aid
Having appropriate security and safeguards
Responding to Queries
To provide the best possible customer service and answer your queries quickly
Our need to respond to concerns
2.3 How long we keep it for
- If you have made a donation to Health and Hope UK, we will hold personal information about you in our database that you have provided, in order to process the donation and keep a record of your gift along with your marketing preferences. This will be kept for a period of seven financial years from the date of your last donation, before being pseudonymised and your personal data deleted, unless you continue to be an active subscriber to our mailing list. An active subscriber is defined as someone who receives information from us via our electronic mailing service and has not clicked 'unsubscribe'. At any point you may request your personal data and past donation history to be pseudonymised and your personal details deleted. However, if you have gift-aided your donation, we have a legal obligation to keep a copy of your gift aid declaration and associated giving data for seven years in order to comply with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- If you subscribe to our mailing list and have not made a donation, your personal details will be permanently deleted within 28 days or immediately upon request, if you unsubscribe to one of our mailings.
- If you support an appeal, respond to a fundraising campaign or resubscribe to our mailing list, this will refresh the time period above.
- We may also need to keep your records for longer to comply with any other legal obligation.
- Once your records exceed the necessary time we will anonymize them through pseudonymization. This is a procedure by which all the identifying fields within a data record are replaced by one or more artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms. There can be a single pseudonym for a collection of replaced fields or a pseudonym per replaced field. In practice, this means that all your personal data will deleted as listed above in 2.1 and we will solely keep transaction information for compliance and record keeping purposes.
- We may also contact you where we have consent or legitimate interest before we anonymize your record to see if you would still like to be kept informed about Health and Hope UK's appeals and services.
- Health and Hope UK will hold data on the above schedule unless:
a) you ask us to remove it
b) we believe that you are no longer interested in our business
c) we no longer need it for the purposes it was collected.
- We always think about your best interests when we apply retention rules to our systems and are always happy to remove you at your request. If you have any questions on how long we keep your data please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.4 How we secure and maintain it
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data transmitted to us via the internet we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the healthandhope.org website from your device: any transmission is at your own risk.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
2.5 Necessary processors
Health and Hope UK is a small team of less than 5 people and volunteers, who launch UK wide and international appeals, processing donations to many people each year. In order to achieve this, we work with some of the best third parties to allow you to make donations as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. This means that donations we receive from you will pass through a third-party platform to get to us. In addition, your email, first name and last name will be stored with our mailing service provider if you sign up for our regular eNewsletter. Each partner is carefully reviewed and maintains the same security and standards towards the data protection act as we do. These are outlined below:
Name of Organisation
Online or Phone Donation Processing
Direct Debit Donation Processing
Contactless / Chip & Pin Card Processing
2.6 Who we share it with and how
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation;
- To fulfil any service that you request from us (e.g. enquiry via our website etc.);
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Health and Hope UK, you our customer, or others, including, if required, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Name of Organisation
Submission of applications for Gift Aid funding
Bookkeeping and recording financial transactions
Central database and marketing
Mailing service list management
2.7 International transfer of personal data
If Health and Hope UK ever had to transfer data outside of the European economic area, we will take measures to ensure all adequate safeguards are in place that matches the EU Data Protection standards, in accordance with legal requirements.
3. Your rights & accessing your data
Right of access.
You have the right of access to information we hold about or concerning you. If you would like to exercise this right you should email us at email@example.com
For example; we could provide a copy of all your information in a .csv file or .pdf or let you know how many times you have donated / gift aided your donations.
Right of rectification or erasure.
If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data.
Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will shall take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared your data about your request for erasure or, where possible, delete it ourselves.
Right to restriction of processing.
You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we don’t need to hold your data anymore but you need us to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
Right to Portability.
You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means. This is called a data portability request.
Right to Object.
You have a right to object to our processing of your personal data.
This includes the right to object to any direct marketing we may undertake and to any automated decisions based on profiling which we carry out. This also includes the right to object to any processing based on legitimate interests.
Right to Withdraw Consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
You can do so by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately mark our records accordingly, this will take effect as soon as possible.
Please be aware that some activities may already have left our system at time of consent withdrawal.
Right of Complaint.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at http://www.ico.org.uk. Please also refer to our Complaints Policy for further details of how to make a complaint.
4. Donating on behalf of someone
You are responsible for informing and obtaining the consent of any third parties whose data you enter into our website.
5. Contacting Health & Hope UK
If you would like to find out more about this policy or ask us any questions, please contact us at the Health and Hope UK address details found in the footer on our website or on: email@example.com